Thursday, March 13, 2008

A word

Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. Galatians 6:4, NLT
(This is Klove's Encouraging word of the day, today)
Two days ago, Eric, Nick, Abbie & I were just sitting around, like we do sometimes, listening to Eric play music from the computer. Abbie & Nick love it and do their best to dance to whatever is playing. This particular song was instrumental, or at least it was at this point. The kids are dancing, Eric & I are laughing and clapping and then it happens. Abbie, which looked like she needed a loin cloth and a bonfire, stops, raises her hands & face to the sky, says, "I Love you, Lord, I love you, I love you, I love you, God!"
You have heard the saying to dance as if no one is watching. Well, Abbie was dancing as if no one but God was watching.
Just an example of how I think pure joy in God's love expresses itself.....unconcerned with what anyone thinks, how it looks, even if your socks are falling off at the time. She doesn't know to lower her voice, put her hands down (that's something adults have come up with).....when she is talking about the "guy that can fix and do anything, and he's really big and loves me!" She's thinking of Him, not being distracted by everyone around her.

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com