Monday, March 31, 2008

Make me cry!

Every, EVERY time I see this video, I cry. Not a single tear falling down my cheek like you do when you watch a sappy romance movie but, full out gushing, my soul pouring from my eyes, can't see through my tears - crying. I really cry.

It is so beautiful and moving....a near perfect portrayal of Jesus' desire to love us and protect us and how we are constantly "dancing with the devil."

For me, this is almost like my own memories. I can paste my face on the girl and see my life. There is a very dark period of my past. For years, I knew God was there and that He loved me but somehow convinced myself that what I was doing wasn't that bad. I physically feel ill when I think about all the things I did, things I said, where I went, how I got there, etc. Those of you that know me personally only know the half of it. Honestly. I'm sure God was there....but He was in the back of my mind, not even close to the front.

At the end of the tunnel, after years of searching for something, I found Him standing there, patiently waiting on me to figure it out and want Him again. He removed so many ugly, sinful, disgusting elements from me. It wasn't me, I am small and tried before to do it. Only He is big enough. These things only bother me when I allow Satan to whisper in my ear, to remember...then, the feelings of shame and guilt come flooding back.

But I have an amazing and powerful GOD! One prayer to Him and Satan has no power over me!

Now days, I have a basically boring life...and I'm thankful for it. Drama is fun on TV but not in real life. I deal with the same stresses that everyone does....house, kids, spouse, bills, practices, appointments, snotty noses, pets dying, etc. The difference, in me, is in me. I lay these at the feet of God, smile, and walk away. It's that simple. Hand it over to Him and have faith that He will battle it, fix it, deal with it for you.....let Him protect you.

*******************************************************************

I will say that I needed to see this video tonight. It was shown at my church during evening services this evening and I had playfully complained to my friend that I hated this video......only because it makes me cry. Actually, it is exactly what I needed to see to remind me of what I have.

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com